Earl Nightingale was an American motivational speaker, author, and radio personality. He was born on March 12, 1921, in Los Angeles, California, and passed away on March 25, 1989. Earl Nightingale is best known for his motivational speeches and books, which have inspired millions of people around the world.
Nightingale served in the United States Marine Corps during World War II and was on the USS Arizona during the attack on Pearl Harbor. After the war, he began working in the radio industry, which eventually led to his work as a motivational speaker. During the autumn of 1949, Nightingale was inspired while reading “Think and Grow Rich” by Napoleon Hill. This book had a profound impact on him, and he realized that the six words he read were the answer to the question he had been looking for: “We become what we think about.”
In 1956, Nightingale produced a spoken word record titled “The Strangest Secret,” which sold more than a million copies, making it the first spoken-word recording to achieve Gold Record status. The record was a condensed version of his motivational speeches and provided practical advice on how to achieve success and happiness.
Nightingale was the author of several books on personal development, including “The Strangest Secret,” “Lead the Field,” and “The Essence of Success.” His books have been translated into many languages and have sold millions of copies worldwide.
Nightingale was a gifted speaker and had a unique ability to inspire and motivate people. He believed that success was a result of our thoughts and actions and that we could achieve anything we wanted if we had the right mindset. He encouraged people to take control of their lives and to focus on their goals.
One of Nightingale’s most famous quotes is “We become what we think about.” This quote emphasizes the importance of positive thinking and how it can help us achieve our goals. He believed that our thoughts shape our reality and that we should focus on positive thinking.
Here are 41 Earl Nightingale quotes that will inspire and empower your thoughts.
Earl Nightingale Quotes
1. “Every one of us is the sum total of his own thoughts.” – Earl Nightingale
2. “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.” – Earl Nightingale
3. “We become what we think about.” – Earl Nightingale
4. “Success is not the result of making money; making money is the result of success – and success is in direct proportion to our service.” – Earl Nightingale
5. “Success is the progressive realization of a worthy ideal.” – Earl Nightingale
6. “Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind and nourish with repetition and emotion will one day become reality.” – Earl Nightingale
7. “People with goals succeed because they know where they’re going.” – Earl Nightingale
8. “Picture yourself in your mind’s eye as having already achieved this goal. See yourself doing the things you’ll be doing when you’ve reached your goal.” – Earl Nightingale
9. “Our environment, the world in which we live and work, is a mirror of our attitudes and expectations.” – Earl Nightingale
10. “Don’t concern yourself with the money. Be of service … build … work … dream … create! Do this and you’ll find there is no limit to the prosperity and abundance that will come to you.” – Earl Nightingale
11. “What’s going on in the inside shows on the outside.” – Earl Nightingale
Related: The Secret Quotes by Rhonda Byrne
12. “The more intensely we feel about an idea or a goal, the more assuredly the idea, buried deep in our subconscious, will direct us along the path to its fulfillment.” – Earl Nightingale
13. “Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don’t wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it’s at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored.” – Earl Nightingale
14. “The biggest mistake that you can make is to believe that you are working for somebody else.” – Earl Nightingale
15. “Everything begins with an idea.” – Earl Nightingale
16. “Everything that’s really worthwhile in life came to us free; our mind, our soul, our body, our hopes, our dreams, our ambitions, our intelligence, our love of family and children and friends. All these priceless possessions are free, but the things that cost us money are actually very cheap and can be replaced at any time.” – Earl Nightingale
17. “Problems are challenges to creative minds. Without problems, there would be little reason to think at all.” – Earl Nightingale
18. “Our attitude toward life determines life’s attitude towards us.” – Earl Nightingale
19. “Your world is a living expression of how you are using and have used your mind.” – Earl Nightingale
Related: Most Powerful Quotes Ever Spoken
20. “Success is the progressive realization of a worthy goal or ideal.” – Earl Nightingale
21. “No man can get rich himself unless he enriches others.” – Earl Nightingale
22. “Get into a line that you will find to be a deep personal interest, something you really enjoy spending twelve to fifteen hours a day working at, and the rest of the time thinking about.” – Earl Nightingale
23. “We are at our very best, and we are happiest when we are fully engaged in work we enjoy on the journey toward the goal we’ve established for ourselves. It gives meaning to our time off and comfort to our sleep. It makes everything else in life so wonderful, so worthwhile.” – Earl Nightingale
24. “A great attitude is not the result of success; Success is the result of a great attitude.” – Earl Nightingale
25. “There is no limit on earnings.” – Earl Nightingale
Related: Step Out of Your Comfort Zone Quotes
26. “Creativity is an expression of our enthusiasm.” – Earl Nightingale
27. “All you have to do is know where you’re going. The answers will come to you of their own accord.” – Earl Nightingale
28. “Work never killed anyone. It’s worry that does the damage. And the worry would disappear if we’d just settle down and do the work.” – Earl Nightingale
29. “We will receive not what we idly wish for but what we justly earn. Our rewards will always be in exact proportion to our service.” – Earl Nightingale
30. “People are where they are because that is exactly where they really want to be–whether they will admit that or not.” – Earl Nightingale
31. “The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice… it is conformity.” – Earl Nightingale
32. “If the average person realized the power he wields over his life and destiny, he would live in a perpetual state of wonder and thanksgiving.” – Earl Nightingale
33. “Perseverance is another word for faith.” – Earl Nightingale
34. “Each of us creates his or her own life largely by our attitude.” – Earl Nightingale
Related: Motivational Quotes by Famous People
35. “Do each day all that can be done that day. You don’t need to overwork or to rush blindly into your work trying to do the greatest possible number of things in the shortest possible time.” – Earl Nightingale
36. “Your problem is to bridge the gap which exists between where you are now and the goal you intend to reach.” – Earl Nightingale
37. “The mind moves in the direction of our current dominant thoughts.” – Earl Nightingale
38. “We can let circumstances rule us, or we can take charge and rule our lives from within.” – Earl Nightingale
39. “When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.” – Earl Nightingale
40. “There is no success without suffering. I think that the word ‘suffering’ was meant to mean tremendous effort and direction.” – Earl Nightingale
41. “All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination.” – Earl Nightingale
Conclusion: Earl Nightingale Quotes
In conclusion, Earl Nightingale was a renowned motivational speaker and author who inspired millions of people around the world. His work has had a profound impact on the personal development industry, and his books and speeches continue to inspire people to this day. Nightingale’s legacy lives on, and his teachings will continue to inspire generations to come.
Did you find these Earl Nightingale Quotes inspiring? Please don’t forget to share with your friends and family.
What are your favorite Earl Nightingale Quotes? Please share in the comment section below.
How to Better Manage Your Household Budget When the Cost of Living is So High
Cultivating Wellness: The Connection Between Oral Health and Overall Well-Being
100 Words of Encouragement and Strength in Hard Times
The Property Market: A Deep Dive into Current Trends and Future Forecasts
What Are Piste Maps and How Do They Help Skiers?
Can You Turn a Mental Health Crisis Into a Turning Point for Success?
4 Benefits of Strategic Workforce Partnerships
Maximizing Efficiency: How QuickBooks Setup Services Can Transform Your Business
Expanding Your Home Inspection Business: Franchising Opportunities
Recovering Strong: How To Stay Healthy Both Physically and Mentally After an Injury
12 SEO Trends You Can’t Ignore in 2023 – An SEO Expert’s Guide to Surviving the Competition
Ways To Bond With Your Pet And Show Them You Love Them
How To Create The Best YouTube Marketing Video To Impress Your Audience
9 Ways To Travel More Conveniently
What Are The Benefits of Outsourcing?
7 Ways to Influence Your Audience Psychology with Banner Advertising
How To Get High-Quality Niche Edits In 2023: A Complete Guide!
83 Hard Work Quotes to Boost Your Motivation
63 Personal Growth Quotes To Inspire You
56 Motivational Business Quotes to Inspire You
Quotes6 years ago
Health is Wealth | Top 10 Health Quotes (Images) to Inspire You to Live a Healthier Life
Quotes8 years ago
50 Most Powerful Quotes Ever Spoken
Quotes9 years ago
50 Best Zig Ziglar Quotes on Success
Quotes5 years ago
83 Motivational Chinese Proverbs, Quotes & Sayings on Life and Success
Quotes8 years ago
33 Inspirational Quotes about Strength and Courage
Motivation3 years ago
4 Fun New Hobbies To Try This Year
Quotes9 years ago
Top 50 Buddha Quotes to Enlighten Your Mind
Quotes9 years ago
37 Awesome Quotes That Will Inspire You To Take Risk