25 Powerful Lessons from “See You At the Top” by Zig Ziglar
With more than 1.6 million copies in print, See You At The Top by Zig Ziglar is widely regarded as a true American classic. This book emphasizes the value of a healthy self-image and shows how to build it. This book tells you how to set and achieve goals, and provides step-by-step instructions on how to change the way you think about yourself and your surroundings.
This book has served as a guide to generations and helped them to achieve personal success. The lessons and insights from this book are widely used by education institutes, corporations, government agencies, health institutions and sales organizations.
So, here are 25 outstanding lessons from this book that will inspire you immensely.
Lessons from “See You At the Top” by Zig Ziglar
1. The only difference between the big shot and the little shot is the big shot is simply a little shot who kept shooting.
2. You can get everything in life you want if you help enough other people get what they want.
3. The way you see life will largely determine what you get out of it.
4. What you get by reaching your goals is not nearly as important as what you become by reaching them.
5. Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you will always be able to see farther.
6. We acquire the characteristics of the people we associate with on a steady basis.
7. Failure has been correctly identified as the line of least persistence, whereas success is often a question of simply sticking to the job and working and believing while you are sticking. If your particular job is harder than you might wish, just remember you can’t sharpen a razor on a piece of velvet and you can’t sharpen a man by spoon-feeding him.
8. Success occurs when opportunity meets preparation.
“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not. Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not. Unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not. The world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence, determination and hard work makes the difference.” – Calvin Coolidge
9. When you choose a habit, you also choose the end result of that habit. Good habits are difficult to acquire, but easy to live with. Bad habits are easy to acquire, but difficult to live with.
10. Money, assuming it is legitimately earned, is a yardstick that simply measures the service you have rendered. You are obligated to earn more than you need because in so doing you create job opportunities for those less talented than you.
11. Yes, there is danger in setting goals but the risk is infinitely greater when you don’t set goals. The reason is simple. Just as ships are built to sail the seas, planes to fly the heavens, and houses for living, so is man created for a purpose. You are here for a reason. That purpose is to get everything out of you that is humanly possible so you can make your contributions to mankind. Goals enable you to do more for yourself and others, too.
12. Desire is the ingredient that changes the hot water of mediocrity to the steam of outstanding success. It’s the ingredient that enables a person with average ability to successfully compete with those who have far more. Desire is the “extra” that makes the little differences and it’s the little differences that make the big difference in life.
13. Success in life is not determined by having been dealt the good hand. Success is determined by taking the hand you were dealt and utilizing it to the very best of your ability.
14. Desire enables an individual to take whatever ability he has in whatever he’s doing and utilize it to the maximum. We should give it our best and then some, because our yearning power is more important than our earning power.
15. Desire is the ingredient that makes the difference between an average performer and a champion.
16. Doing your best is more important than being the best.”
17. It’s not the situation, but the way we react to it that’s important.
18. If you set the example you will not have to set the rules.”
19. Regardless of what your income might be, your first responsibility is to save a portion of every dollar you earn for you and your future. The excitement of saving grows with every dollar you add to your account. Soon this “good” habit is ingrained and becomes a part of you. It is permanently ingrained in you when, as the Chinese say, your children [dollars] have children and then those children have children.
20. If you didn’t save something on your current income – you wouldn’t save anything on your future income.
21. Life is an echo. What you send out – comes back. What you sow – you reap. What you give – you get. What you see in others – exists in you.
22. If you want to reach your goal, you must “see the reaching” in your own mind before you actually arrive at your goal.
23. You must have a goal because it’s just as difficult to reach a destination you don’t have, as it is to come back from a place you’ve never been. Unless you have definite, precise, clearly set goals, you are not going to realize the maximum potential that lies within you.
24. Your mind acts on what you feed it.
25. Others can stop you temporarily – you are the only one who can do it permanently.
Hope these outstanding life lessons will help you lead a better life.
Get this book
SEE ALSO: 10 of Jack Canfield’s Most Powerful Quotes From “The Success Principles”
Subscribe for Updates
How To Create The Best YouTube Marketing Video To Impress Your Audience
How To Get High-Quality Niche Edits In 2023: A Complete Guide!
Branching Out: How To Get Started Working For Yourself
What Are The Benefits of Outsourcing?
Stop Procrastinating to Fulfill Your Potential: Take Charge of Your Destiny by Overcoming Procrastination
Ways To Bond With Your Pet And Show Them You Love Them
7 Ways to Influence Your Audience Psychology with Banner Advertising
9 Ways To Travel More Conveniently
Get Back on Track: 7 Tips for Starting a New Exercise Routine
A Homeowner’s Guide to Boiler Safety
65 Positive Thinking Quotes to Inspire You
65 Best Hustle Quotes to Motivate You
20 Powerful Quotes About Life That Will Inspire You
60 Powerful Quotes about Progress and Moving Forward
5 Amazing Places to Visit in the USA
4 Reasons New York Is Worthy of Your Bucket List
10 Gift Ideas for Your Anxious Friend
Top 10 (Picture) Quotes on Happiness
What Is the Impact of Financial Literacy?
Helping Your Students Improve Their Writing Skills: 6 Tips for Teachers
Quotes5 years ago
Health is Wealth | Top 10 Health Quotes (Images) to Inspire You to Live a Healthier Life
Quotes7 years ago
50 of the Most Powerful Quotes of All Time
Quotes8 years ago
50 Zig Ziglar Quotes that Will Inspire You to Succeed
Quotes4 years ago
83 Motivational Chinese Proverbs, Quotes & Sayings on Life and Success
Quotes7 years ago
33 Inspirational Quotes about Strength and Courage
Quotes8 years ago
Top 50 Buddha Quotes to Enlighten Your Mind
Quotes8 years ago
37 Awesome Quotes That Will Inspire You To Take Risk
Quotes3 years ago
52 Motivational Quotes that Will Help You Step Out of Your Comfort Zone