One of the most challenging aspects of online purchasing is that it does not allow for a complete sensory product experience. You can try on clothing, touch fabrics, and see for yourself how large a couch looks in a room at a physical store.
Whereas those things aren’t physically achievable in e-commerce, augmented reality applications provide a means to provide customers with more in-depth and comprehensive information about your items – all from the comfort of their own homes.
AR quickly finds a home in most product-driven organizations, particularly the eCommerce industry, because of its various uses and benefits. The real fact that eCommerce development company is still hesitant to embrace AR technology because they are unclear how it will influence online sales. Animated holograms, interactive exhibits, and virtual 3D models are already available; all you have to do now is get your company on board.
Is virtual reality and augmented reality different?
Though interchangeably used, the two terms are vastly different from each other.
- Augmented reality just enhances an existing environment that you will continue to perceive to some extent. On the other hand, virtual reality is an immersive experience that immerses you in a world entirely created by humans. You can’t see the actual world and aren’t supposed to experience it.
- Wearing headgear and perhaps holding controllers in your hands is required for virtual reality. In contrast, AR usually just requires a smartphone or, in some circumstances, AR glasses. You won’t need to clean the room to enjoy the experience because you’ll be completely aware of your surroundings.
- Finally, AR is more accessible since it requires less equipment and fewer safety measures. If you build a virtual reality application, the number of individuals who have the technology to utilize it is significantly smaller than the world’s 3 billion smartphone users today!
How will eCommerce use augmented reality to change everything?
Before making a purchase, eCommerce shoppers may sample items or experience services in their surroundings and on their own time using augmented reality. Customers may preview items using augmented reality, making them more likely to choose the appropriate product the first time.
- Virtual trial option: Thanks to the usage of augmented reality, customers may now virtually sample a product in person before making a purchase, resulting in better-informed decisions. AR can easily overcome the difficulty of internet buyers to feel a product physically. It gives customers a true-to-life experience by displaying an effect on a person in real-time.
- Personalized touch: Thanks to Augmented Reality, the eCommerce shopping experience may now be more customized to customers’ specific tastes than ever before. Customers may now see items about their look, home décor, and backdrops. It’s no wonder that AR tailors choices to the user’s interests, tastes, and circumstances.
- Interactive applications: If you’re offering a product with a steep learning curve before it’s simple to use for new consumers, an interactive user manual might be a practical AR application to assist them in grasping how it works. When utilizing software, a website, or an application, an interactive user manual responds to user actions and provides on-page contextual help. Many augmented reality user manual applications scan the product and utilize graphical arrows and animations with text to represent the buttons in real-world surroundings. You can also hire wordpress developers to help you out with it.
- Trendy filters: You may have used an AR filter on Instagram Stories or Snapchat recently. These filters were previously just used for fun, but as time has gone on, more and more companies have jumped on the AR bandwagon via social media filters.
What are the benefits of using augmented reality in eCommerce shopping?
Consumers’ inability to assess items may be the most important drawback of eCommerce. On the other hand, a mobile eCommerce application’s capacity to make the purchase process practical and pleasant with only a few clicks is one of its benefits. Augmented reality technology can revolutionize business by eliminating the drawbacks of e-commerce while also providing a plethora of other benefits.
- Increasing customers on platforms: Because AR is naturally interactive, customers are more likely to get addicted to your website. And the longer they stay on your eCommerce site, the more likely they are to buy something! Even if customers don’t buy anything during their visit, the increased engagement indicates that they’ve formed a connection with your brand and product, as well as memory, making them more likely to remember you in the future.
- Futuristic shopping experience: It allows customers to use the devices’ cameras to try out the brand’s items in an e-commerce store. Customers may also have a futuristic shopping experience by combining offline and online elements in physical locations, such as interactive trial booths and convenient payment platforms.
How to implement augmented reality into your online store?
- Clear business goals: What are your objectives? And how does it benefit your clients? Make sure you don’t stop answering the first question since the second question has the potential to transform your AR app from decent to outstanding. It’ll be easier to pick the approaches and technologies you’ll need to get there once you know where you’re heading. Dedicated development teams will help you know your goals.
- Use tools that you are familiar with: If you’re on a tight budget, an AR platform with a free license could be the way to go. Many AR systems provide both free and paid versions of their software. However, keep in mind that the free edition will not be as feature-rich as the full version. Scrutinize each platform to see if it has the specific features you want.
Big brands are taking augmented reality exceptionally seriously. These immersive technologies, they believe, have the potential to be the next big thing for entrepreneurs or those seeking innovative ways to develop a mobile app with e-commerce capabilities. AR is a highly successful sales accelerator, whether on retailer platforms or independent eCommerce sites, in-app or offline.
Because it’s so difficult to predict how items will seem in real life vs. on a computer or smartphone screen, some product categories might be challenging to sell on eCommerce sites. That is why augmented reality applications have become increasingly popular, especially with the start of social distance.
Crucial, now that you’re familiar with the many forms of augmented reality, as well as its related use cases and advantages, you can decide whether or not it’s the appropriate match for your company. If that’s the case, use the methods outlined above to bring your AR app to life.
Subscribe for Updates
Top Halloween Dress Up Tips For Kids
13 Top Places to Go Camping In Your Lifetime
How to Define Your Brand Purpose and Why You Need One
How Much is Too Much? Animation Tips for Your Digital Signage
Manage Diabetes with a Wholesome Diet
Include Facebook in Your Social Media Marketing Strategy
5 Best Locations to Advertise in Florida
Why Purchase Checks Online?
OCR Compliance: Providing Instant Image to Text Data Extraction Solutions to Businesses
How Good are Women of India at Money Management? 7 Myths Debunked!
5 Effective Social Media Marketing Hacks To Increase Engagement in B2B Businesses
Top 5 Instagram Post Ideas That Boost Followers in 2021
53 Super Motivational Quotes for Success
The 10 Main Ways Technology Impacts Your Daily Life
95 Deep Quotes about Life that Make You Think
5 Ways To Personalize Your Advertising Campaigns On Social Media
Credit Card EMI Calculator: Check Minimum Due Payment in 3 Quick Steps
10 Benefits Of Social Media For Business
Importance Of Health, Safety And Nutrition In Early Childhood
6 Ways to Start Mastering Your Money
Quotes4 years ago
Health is Wealth | Top 10 Health Quotes (Images) to Inspire You to Live a Healthier Life
Quotes7 years ago
50 of the Most Powerful Quotes of All Time
Quotes7 years ago
50 Zig Ziglar Quotes that Will Inspire You to Succeed
Quotes4 years ago
83 Motivational Chinese Proverbs, Quotes & Sayings on Life and Success
Quotes7 years ago
33 Inspirational Quotes about Strength and Courage
Quotes7 years ago
Top 50 Buddha Quotes to Enlighten Your Mind
Quotes7 years ago
37 Awesome Quotes That Will Inspire You To Take Risk
Quotes3 years ago
52 Motivational Quotes that Will Help You Step Out of Your Comfort Zone