We are all well- aware of the importance of this nutrient that is water. Yes, water is an essential nutrient often a neglected one though. Please note 60 to 70 per cent of our body is made up of water so when we do not hydrate it well, it is inevitable that we will face health problems.
People claim that they are too busy during the day to even grab a glass of water. Also, our modern lifestyle and tastes do influence the amount of water we drink on a daily basis. In fact, people prefer drinking something else other than water. Please note when water is replaced with sugar filled sodas or canned juices, the body gets addicted to such things to quench thirst. You do tend to feel you have hydrated yourself, but only in vain. The body only gets further dehydrated leading to a host of diseases.
So, we must understand the benefits of drinking water:
1. Begin by Drinking At Least Two Glasses of Water
After waking up start your day with two glasses of water. The custom of drinking water first thing in the morning is regarded very highly in Ayurveda and even in Japanese culture. Ayurveda does encourage drinking two cups of clean lukewarm water to preserve energy throughout the day. It is very important to make sure we do not eat anything for at least thirty minutes after drinking water. This is the time the body does take to clean, energize and hydrate each cell and even remove toxins.
2. Internal Glow with Water Therapy
Since each cell in your body does get hydrated and plumped by drinking water in the morning, the wonderful effects on your skin are only natural. It is important to note that the improved digestive system flushes out toxins from the body. This in turn, gives you healthy and glowing skin.
3. Weight Loss Elixir
It is essential to note that water therapy wonderfully melts stubborn fat. A tough dehydrated body will not burn calories efficiently. This potent drink (water) in the morning will reboot your body and kick start weight loss. The best part this very effective treatment has no side effects.
Some precautionary measures:
For those who so enjoy drinking chilled or cold water, do know that this dampens one’s energy and then weakens the kidneys. Never drink cold water with meals as it tends to solidify all the oil that you have consumed. This then turns into fat and sludge in the body, creating an absolute imbalance. End every meal with a warm cup of water or even some light tea.
Moving Forward with Water:
- Drinking water improves memory and mood.
- Even mild dehydration can impair memory and mood in everyone from the children to the elderly. So always slurp on water.
- Drinking Water may improve exercise performance.
- Dehydration not only affects one’s exercise performance but also physiological function too. So always fuel in with water.
- Drinking water reduces headaches and migraines.
- A lack of water increases the risk of a headache or even migraines in some individuals. So never leave water.
- Drinking water helps prevent constipation in children and adults.
- Water propagates moving of things in the digestive system, and so staying well-hydrated can help prevent constipation in children, adults and the elderly. It is a huge benefit.
- Drinking Water may help prevent kidney stones.
- Poor hydration does increase the risk of developing or reoccurrence of kidney stones in some individuals. Always hack onto water.
- Drinking water reduces the risk of bladder infections.
- Drinking more water can reduce the risk of bladder infections and even urinary tract infections. So always consume it.
Water Improves Your Mood
Dehydration is known to contribute towards stress. In fact, fatigue, anger, negative mood, and cognitive problems all increase when you are dehydrated. Do stay way ahead of stress and sip water throughout the day. Keep a bottle of water with you at all times and drink some of it every half hour or hour during the day. You will be less likely to get dehydrated and feel stressed. Please remember, do not wait until you feel thirsty to drink. Thirst only occurs when you are dehydrated.
How much water should we drink a day?
• Consuming 6-8 glasses or cups a day is ideal, and it does include lower fat milks, and low sugar or sugar-free drinks, tea and coffee within this intake.
• Be absolutely mindful of added sugars or syrups in tea, coffee and soft drinks which will increase your overall sugar intake for the day.
• You may also need more water if you are working out or when the weather is hot, as we do lose water through sweating.
A good and reliable way to check if you are hydrated is by the colour of your urine. Ideally, the colour must be a very pale yellow. If the colour of your urine is darker than you expect it to be then do have more water. When checking the colour of the urine, be aware that some medications, supplements and also some foods such as beetroot can also affect urine colour. If you have any concerns, speak to your GP or other healthcare provider.
Tips to Drink More Water
• Carry a water bottle with you and refill it throughout the day.
• Choose water over sugary drinks.
• Do opt for water when eating out. You will save money and certainly reduce calories.
• Serve water during meals.
• Add a wedge of lime to your water. This can help improve the taste and help you drink more water than you usually do.
Lastly, do note that no alcohol, no coffee and no beverages laden with high fructose corn syrup can replace this natural miracle drink. Please make an absolute note that your water requirement must only be fulfilled by drinking water itself. Infuse it with you some fruits and more positivity and consume it.
Subscribe for Updates
How to Invest FTT to CAKE and Get Your Profit
6 Effective Tips to Manage Spending Triggers
You Are Never Too Old to Continue Your Education
The Importance of Artificial Intelligence in Modern Industry
What is a Block Confirmation on Ethereum?
5 Ways Your Website Can Help You Grow Your Business
5 Latest Online Crossword Games To Play
9 Compelling Reasons to Hire a Private Driver for Your Vacation
Everything You Need To Know About Payroll Solutions For Big Businesses
10 High FODMAP Foods (And What You Can Eat Instead)
Business Ideas in 2021 for Sustainable Entrepreneurs
A Complete Guide on the Muscle Pain Treatment
7 Amazing Health Benefits Of Fast Metabolism & Ways To Improve It
Is Your Mindset Holding You Back From Financial Success?
How to Add More Green to a Workspace for Better Productivity
Things to Remember to Get Rid of a Weak Bladder
100+ Short Inspirational Quotes to Fire You Up
How to Keep Remote Workers Productive and Happy
5 Self Improvement Tips For Everyone Who Feels Trapped By Stagnation
Five Online Business Opportunities That Can Catch The Public Eye
Health3 years ago
Health is Wealth | Top 10 Health Quotes (Images) to Inspire You to Live a Healthier Life
Quotes6 years ago
50 of the Most Powerful Quotes of All Time
Quotes7 years ago
50 Zig Ziglar Quotes that Will Inspire You to Succeed
Quotes3 years ago
83 Motivational Chinese Proverbs, Quotes & Sayings on Life and Success
Quotes6 years ago
33 Inspirational Quotes about Strength and Courage
Quotes6 years ago
Top 50 Buddha Quotes to Enlighten Your Mind
Quotes6 years ago
37 Awesome Quotes That Will Inspire You To Take Risk
Success3 years ago
25 Best Self-help and Personal Development Books